Eight Things Successful People Do at Weekends
“Tell me how you spend your weekends, and I'll tell you how successful you'll be”. Apparently, that's the new catchphrase in business. Indeed, how many of you spend your weekends dealing with work you haven't finished during the week? And how many then start the new week, feeling so crashed, you need at least 2 cups of coffee to get to work? That's no good. Here are eight things you might want to consider including into your weekend routine:
1.Exercise. We all know we're supposed to do it, but it you don't have enough time during the week, you'll need to make up for it during the weekend. It doesn't have to be a gym, a refreshing jog in the nearest park will do the trick.
2.Pursue a passion. Successful people make time for what is important or fun, as they know that life balance is crucial. So if you've always dreamed of doing a course in drama, this might be the best time to start.
3.Disconnect. If you calculate how much time you spend on using you email, answering calls or chatting in Skype, you would be truly baffled. How about spending at least one of your weekend days without technology. A feeling of total liberation is guaranteed.
4.Volunteer. Needless to say, working on charity projects or participating in volunteering events is a great way to network. Yet apart from that it provides a distraction from all the analytical work most of you do during the week, which creates balance.
5.Avoid chores. Everyone has a few have-to-dos at the weekend, yet you might want them to take the minimum amount of time. So create a small space of time for your chores and then banish them from your mind for the rest of the time.
6.Socialise. Humans are social beings, so it's very important to spend a certain amount of time with your family and friends. Apart from that, you can use your hobbies or social events as a great way to communicate with a variety of different people.
7.Plan. Planning makes people more effective, and doing it before the week starts means you can hit Monday ready to go. Successful people plan their month and even year because if you get stuck on short-term lists you don't get anything big accomplished.
8. Reflect. Truly successful people make time on weekends to appreciate what they have and reflect on their happiness and accomplishments. It is also a great chance to become more introspective about bigger issues.
Successful people do not waste their free time by failing to think about what they'd like to do with it, and thus losing the weekend to TV, inefficient e-mail checking, and chores. If you don't have a busy workweek, your weekend doesn't matter so much. But if you're going from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day, it certainly does. So take a fresh look at your weekend routine, hope the given tips will help you in that.
1. catchphrase - a short phrase that many people know because a famous person often says it – популярное выражение
2. crashed – very tired - разбитый
3. routine – a number of typical activities that a person does – расписание, обычный режим
4. make up for it – compensate- компенсировать
5. will do the trick – will solve the problem – поможет, справиться с задачей
6. make time for – find time for – найти время для
7. crucial – very important – ключевой, решающий
8. baffled – confused - озадаченный
9. chores – ordinary tasks that must be done regularly, usually around the house – повседневная работа по дому
10. banish them from your mind – make yourself stop thinking about it – выбросить из головы
11. beings – living organisms - существа
12. ready to go – prepared – готов к чему-то
13. get stuck on – only focus on – погрузните в
14. reflect – think about something carefully - раздумывать
15. introspective – having a tendency to examine your own feelings and thoughts – направленный внутрь себя, интроспективный
16. failing to think – not being able to think – не думая
17. tips – small pieces of advice – полезные советы, подсказки