There's this person who you like. You're really attracted to them. Your immensely deep attraction for this person means that it's sometimes painful to spend time with them. However, because you care for them so much, you can't seem to stay away from them either. The only trouble is, this person doesn't let you get close to them. Now you're not sure if you can ask them out because you're not sure if they like you back. Afterall, you spend a lot of time together, but the two of you never seem to find that magical moment when you feel the spark of romance.
It might not be your fault. This kind of thing happens all the time. Your crush, the person who you want to kiss so badly, might be shoving you into something called, “The Friend Zone.” The friend zone is a cold place where romance cannot blossom like you want it to. How do you know you're in the friend zone?
Below is a list of the top five signs that you're being put in the friend zone by your crush.
1. The person you're crushing on always talks about other people he or she is dating.
2. The person who you're attracted to won't stop checking out other people when the two of you are together.
3. Your crush constantly calls you about relationship advice.
4. Your crush usually avoids giving you hugs, kisses, or any type of physical affection.
5. He or she frequently finds excuses to invite other people to events that you tried to make exclusive.
If these items above are true for you then you now know you're in the friend zone. The better question is whether or not there is any hope of clawing your way out of that horrible place.
The simple answer is yes. Yes, of course there is a chance that you'll dig your way out of the dreaded friend zone. Nothing is forever, and romance can happen at any moment! You might be in the friend zone now, but there's no reason why you have to stay there forever.
1. Be there for your crush when s/he needs you the most. Be the good friend that got you close to them in the first place. Don't punish them for putting you in the friend zone.
2. Kindly ask your infatuation to stop telling you about their dating experiences. If it hurts your feelings or if it bothers you then ask them to pick a new conversation topic.
3. Don't come on too strongly. Yes, you want to win their heart. No, you don't want to make them feel uncomfortable around you. Be patient, and don't be overly affectionate.
4. Never give up. Perseverance is the key to winning!
5. Be honest with your love. You must like them for a reason, right? If they are the right person for you then they will respect your feelings. Get out there and tell them how you feel!
Whether you're in the friend zone already or you're afraid you're heading in that direction, there is always a way to avoid it. Watch the signs and do your best to respectfully guide your crush in a direction aimed at you!